• -LoneR- disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 20 2011, 23h26

Guide on how to get Last.FM app (NO creditcard, NO jailbreak)

Here's a guide on creating a US AppStore account from outside of US and downloading Last.FM app (or any free region-restricted app).

This guide does NOT require any kind of credit card, gift card, promo code or a jailbreak. I tried it just now and it works. Only downside is - you can't update the app if you switch to "restricted" account, so you'll have to switch back and forth between accounts to update region-restricted apps.

--- (Step 1)
    First you need to log out of your current AppStore account (AppleID). To do that go to Settings -> Store, and click "Sign Out". I also recommend restarting your iPod/iPhone after that to ensure you've really logged out.

--- (Step 2)
    While logged out of your AppleID access AppStore and search for "Last FM" app.
    * If you can't find it - it means that you haven't completely logged out of your AppleID, so region-restricted apps still won't show up for you. To fix that simply restart your iPod (it worked for me at least).

--- (Step 3)
    Click "FREE" to start downloading an app. You'll be asked if you want to use an existing AppleID or create a new one. Choose "Create New AppleID".

--- (Step 4)
    Follow this link: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534
    It explains the rest of the process, which is basically just filling in the details like you've probably done already when creating your first AppleID. Only difference is that now you're allowed to select "none" for your credit card.
    * If you need additional info like a US address, zip code and such - you can generate fake one here: http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

----------

P.S. Am I blind, or does this app NOT support music scrobbling? I don't mean radio scrobbling, I mean real-time scrobbling of music that you're playing from your ipod. If it does - I don't seem to find that feature anywhere. :/
    For now I'm using iScrob app instead, but for me it's not perfect.

Editado por -LoneR- em Mar 2 2011, 9h45
  • thumbs up.

I love last.fm long live last.fm!

• Re:Ya I just got screwed

Cmcmulli said:
    I was under the impression if I was a PAYING subscriber I can use the iphone app. Been out of the country the past few weeks and just paid (believing it was because I hadn't subscribed yet), and now my bloody iphone app still doesn't work. I literally paid only to use it on my iphone. This is absolutely ridiculous

well, if you're too dumb to research anything using your computer in your pocket than do you really deserve that $3 you spent??

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 13 2011, 3h24

Re: Guide on how to get Last.FM app (NO creditcard, NO jailbreak)

I tried this, and as soon as I got the last.fm app loading, it disappeared :(
    Is there any way to listen to last.fm on safari? I tried to do so, but the radio never seems to load!

-LoneR- said:
    Here's a guide on creating a US AppStore account from outside of US and downloading Last.FM app (or any free region-restricted app).

This guide does NOT require any kind of credit card, gift card, promo code or a jailbreak. I tried it just now and it works. Only downside is - you can't update the app if you switch to "restricted" account, so you'll have to switch back and forth between accounts to update region-restricted apps.

--- (Step 1)
    First you need to log out of your current AppStore account (AppleID). To do that go to Settings -> Store, and click "Sign Out". I also recommend restarting your iPod/iPhone after that to ensure you've really logged out.

--- (Step 2)
    While logged out of your AppleID access AppStore and search for "Last FM" app.
    * If you can't find it - it means that you haven't completely logged out of your AppleID, so region-restricted apps still won't show up for you. To fix that simply restart your iPod (it worked for me at least).

--- (Step 3)
    Click "FREE" to start downloading an app. You'll be asked if you want to use an existing AppleID or create a new one. Choose "Create New AppleID".

--- (Step 4)
    Follow this link: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534
    It explains the rest of the process, which is basically just filling in the details like you've probably done already when creating your first AppleID. Only difference is that now you're allowed to select "none" for your credit card.
    * If you need additional info like a US address, zip code and such - you can generate fake one here: http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

----------

P.S. Am I blind, or does this app NOT support music scrobbling? I don't mean radio scrobbling, I mean real-time scrobbling of music that you're playing from your ipod. If it does - I don't seem to find that feature anywhere. :/
    For now I'm using iScrob app instead, but for me it's not perfect.

• albrule disse...
    • Usuário
    • Ago 24 2011, 18h21
    I just cancelled my Last.fm membership & started up with Grooveshark... Good Riddance.

I live in Canada and Last.fm's promises of App support for us Canadians has gone on for 3 years of my last 4 years of membership payments.

It started with my XBOX where they had an app! Woohoo! But NOT for Canadians - BOO!

Then it was my PS3 - Nothing for Canada - BOO!

IPhone - Nothing for Canada - BOO!

Then it was my Boxee Box - Nothing for Canada - BOO!

But... I really liked the IDEA, and the service so far... So I held out... and waited, and waited. With no RESULTS for a long time, I noticed the following:

The SAME Songs play ALL the time! Even if you change your Genres, Stations, it slowly goes back to your same radio collection of about 100 of the same songs with not much new.

However, I liked the international variety of artists so I held out... I even had Jamcast software to stream my Last.Fm playing to my PS3 so I can have it on the TV, but my laptop's not always home so that quickly got cumbersome.

Last night, I discovered Grooveshark! Woohoo! Full support for Canada!

G-Shark is my new music stream provider! Hopefully, they don't hold out on promises for 3 years like Last.fm. Oh wait, they already have Canada Support for all their apps!

It seems as technology comes out, explodes, its owners ingenuity pool dries up and it quickly sinks, falls behind, and falls apart. RIM, Black Berry, Last.FM?

Good Bye! Good Riddance!

Hopefully other Canadians find this post and switch as well.

Have a nice day,

Al

• Usuário
    • Set 11 2011, 2h30
    yeah what the fuck

• Grooveshark on iPhone/iPod/iPad in Canada?

Where???

read here...

• Usuário
    • Mar 10 2012, 0h50

Got it

Lastfm on iphone
    Toronto
    Not jailbroken

Screenshots
    1) http://db.tt/XBvfJi8B
    2) http://db.tt/KeCkolnz
    3) http://db.tt/hId8kZAc

• I now get an error saying "last.fm radio is currently unavailable on mobile devices in this country".

That's new!!!

think about it...
  • Last.FM app for android

"Last.fm radio is not currently available on mobile devices in your country."

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.